Friday, August 06, 2004

Purty gals and horses


Welllll, howdy. Guess I scared y'all with that last post. No, I'm not currently trying to quit smoking. It's a nice dream, though. Filthy habit. Dja ever notice the less yr finances are, the more you want of yr addiction?

Speaking of finances, I got a job. Maybe two. The definite is a temporary position with a bookstore, that could lead to permanent. I feel, though, as if that's leading me backward and not forward. So, I went to a temp agency today. They seemed pretty impressed with my resume, particularly my willingness to work for a non-profit (ah, the glories of idealism). So, they set me up with an interview in a temp-for-hire situation on Tuesday. The job would be right up my alley, and would entail considerably more money than the bookstore job. I don't want to jinx anything right now, so the details will have to wait. All i'll say is that the position will probably raise an eyebrow or two...heh.

Give it up for Rick James, dammit.

I'm really enjoying Old Style. I'm also enjoying poverty.

Are we enjoying the music? Does anyone have any requests in terms of style? (was that a lame attempt at getting people to post comments?) Tell me what you want. I'm working on redesigning this site. I just got an ftp downloaded...but i'm still trying to figger out how to work the damn thing. sigh. This'll allow me to post the songs directly instead of making y'all go to my briefcase. Also, I'm collecting links, which you should see in in a week or so. I highly recommend checking them all out.

Today's tunes have a very slight connection. I'll let you figure it out. The only thing i'll say is that they all rate a 5 in my Media Player, and an all-time favorites spot in my playlist. Oh, yeah, and Lee Hazlewood you might recognize as the man who produced all of Nancy Sinatra's 60's albums. Odd duck, him.

What else can i do?

Palace Brothers: Work Hard/Play Hard (mp3)

Dropkick Murphys: Worker's Song (mp3)

Lee Hazlewood: Hey,me, I'm Riding (mp3)

(click on song...download from briefcase in the traditional manner that the lord has taught us)