Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Aluminum Yee Haw
Where the gul-durned hell have I been?
Let's just say we've had a time of reflection, partially due to the cock-up from Blogger. Having lost my original site, links, and, well, just about everything, we debated on hanging the hat on the hook and calling it a day.
But, hell, nobody likes a whiner, so we figger it's about time to fire the site back up, break out the rhinestone shirts and Nudie suits, and hop back up on the rocking horse. Besides, who covers the gutbucket soul of Country better than the Mountain?
So thank you to the two or three folks who found us and stuck around while we got our shit back together. As a reward we've stolen a cue from the Good and Right Rev. Frost, and made all y'all a little mix. As a bonus, we're posting up another mix at our satellite site, Barstool Mountain, so hop on over there when the mood strikes. Regular posting will resume at both sites next week (no, really, it's true, i swear on the grave of Hank Williams).
One of the songs on the mix was originally a commercial for a prominent soda pop company. Can you guess which one?
Thanks again, and please enjoy (link to file follows the track listing).
Aluminum Yee Haw (A Big Rock Candy Mountain Twang Mix)
1. Freightliner Fever (Red Sovine)
2. Your Squaw Is On The Warpath (Loretta Lynn)
3. Oh What A Good Thing We Had (Johnny Cash and June Carter)
4. Fifteen Beers (Johnny Paycheck)
5. Queen Of The Silver Dollar (Billie Jo Spears)
6. Better Move It On Home (Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton)
7. Oklahoma Hills (Hank Thompson)
8. Big Iron (Marty Robbins)
9. The Golden Rocket (Hank Snow)
10. Ballad Of Thunder Road (Jim and Jesse)
11. Get Your Kicks (From The Country Hicks) (Johnny Hicks and His Country Hicks)
12. Honky Tonk Stardust Cowboy (Lefty Frizzell)
13. The Girls All Get Prettier At Closing Time (Mickey Gilley)
14. Tall Tall Trees (George Jones)
15. The Moon Is High (And So Am I) (Roger Miller)
16. Is Anybody Going To San Antone (Charley Pride)
17. Skid Row (Merle Haggard)
18. Not Enough Indians (Dean Martin)
19. High Noon (Do Not Forsake Me) (Frankie Laine)
20. Country Sunshine (Dottie West)
21. My Rifle, My Pony, And Me (Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson, and Walter Brennan)
Aluminum Yee Haw (mp3)
As ever, please support your local, independent places of business.