Monday, February 28, 2011
Hey, look! A new design at the Mountain! How exciting. 'Course, it's a work in progress, so we'll be tweaking over the next week or so. And, hey, if you don't like this design, check out our mirror site over a wordpress. It's probably a good idea to bookmark that link anyway, in case the man takes us down 'round thisaway. Just sayin'...
Whelp, it's just about that time for another one of our world famous "mixes". These should probably deserve their own national holiday, I 'spect, in light of their sheer, well, you know, awesomeness. Yep.
We started off as a country site, and country is still our primary love, dontcha know. So, there you are. And here we are.
And, yes, we do have a peculiar fascination with late 60's and early 70's countrypolitan music, especially it's interest in the Southwest as a mecca. And, yes, we're obsessed with Moe Bandy, Dean Martin, and Hank Thompson. Thanks for askin'.
A Big Rock Candy Mountain Western Stars Mix
(Link to mp3 follows track listing, of course)
1. Get A Little Goner (Marti Brom)
2. She Came Around Last Night (Kurt Wagner and Cortney Tidwell)
3. Take Your Foot Out Of The Mud...(Walter Daniels)
4. Love Revival (Mel Tillis)
5. False Friends At The Bar (Jim Ringer)
6. Big City Hooker (Stan Farlow)
7. Let The Church Roll On (Lucille Barbee)
8. Laying Out All Night (Tony Joe White)
9. Calling All Cows (The Blues Rockers)
10. Hello Saturday Morning (Lee Hazlewood)
11. Grinnin' Like A Possum (Bawlin' Like A Hound) (Boots Faye and Idaho Call)
12. Watermelon Time In Georgia (Lefty Frizzell)
13. Down On The Farm (Big Al Downing)
14. Rio Grande (Mitchell Torock)
15. The Train With The Rhumba Beat (Johnny Horton)
16. The Devil In Mrs. Jones (Billy Larkin)
17. Lovin' Country Style (Big Bill Lister)
18. Night Life Queen (Hank Locklin)
19. Heaven's Just A Sin Away (Kelly Willis)
20. A Girl Don't Have To Drink To Have Fun (Wanda Jackson)
21. Bright Lights And Blonde Haired Women (Hank Thompson)
22. I Just Can't Leave Those Honky Tonks Alone (Moe Bandy)
23. Houston (Dean Martin)
24. Is Anybody Going To San Antone (Charley Pride)
25. Here You Come Again (Billie Jo Spears)
26. My Benny's Wearin' Off (Tom Hyatt and the Black Mountain Boys)
27. Some Of Shelly's Blues (The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band)
28. Honky Tonk Queen (Bobby Hankins)
29. Pale Moon (Hal Lone Pine and Betty Cody)
30. West Texas Waltz (Emmylou Harris)
31. Waltz Across Texas (E.T....hidden due to some cranky label anality...but you know who it is)
32. Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes (Skeets McDonald)
Western Stars Mix (mp3)
Please support yr local, independent honky tonk. If you don't have one, make yr own. Nuthin' beats a Saturday night hoedown!