Wednesday, July 06, 2005

South of Hell, France



Breaking news, supplanting the earlier intended post.

I hold in my hands (actually, on my hard drive), an exclusive recording sure to Please! Thrill!! and Astound!!!

I received yesterday, from somewhere South of Hell, France, a song. Not just any song, mind, but a version of the very heart and soul of this here little corner of the world.

Now what makes this version such a treat (besides the fact that it kicks ass), is who it's from, who the musician performing it is. Perhaps he's too shy, or lacks the ego, to push his own music on his own site. Maybe he's too busy ministering to his worshipful flock. Whatever the case, you should be aware that the Good Reverend Frost, himself, from your favorite and mine, Spread the Good Word, has been a very busy man with the geetar, and sundry other instruments of a most holy nature.

Recorded at 3 a.m.,presumably after hours of prayer and meditation, and intended as a demo, I say, good sir, that it is perfection incarnate. If you download only one song this year, this should be the one. Reverend Frost was kind enough to grant permission to me to post this, and you should go visit him at his site and thank him. While yr at it, demand he post more of his own music. I know I want more.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, kneel now at the altar of Reverend Frost.

In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

Reverend Frost: Big Rock Candy Mountain (mp3)

Nothing to buy yet, so head over to the Good Reverend's website and offer him prayers and worship. Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

erm

guapo said...

I like the Reverend! And `cos of his great blog i`ve now found yours. I put a link to you in my blog. It`s supposed to be a garage punk and rock`n`roll type thing but all I keep doing is posting daft novelty records. And i`m not finished yet!

Anonymous said...

I was going through some old vinyl tonight and came across one of Steve Goodman's last records -- on which he sings Big Rock Candy Mountain. Would you like a copy?

Brian K Reese said...

howdy, folks, and thanks for the comments. Mr. Barf...great site...i'll add you to my sidebar over the weekend. Bob...I'd love a copy of steve goodman's version...my email is jukejoint@gmail.com. and erm...uhhhmmmm backatcha.