Wednesday, November 03, 2004


Well, Here we go

Morning.

Just wanted to say that, despite my grumpiness, I think that Craig from Songs:Illinois has done a fantastic job with his Music Bloggers for Democracy project. I didn't participate for a variety of reasons, most having to do with my own shortcomings (re:slacker). He's gotten a fair amount of criticism to go with the kudos. I think that criticism is a little unfair. Anytime someone works their ass off to make a change, no matter how small it may seem, you have to give them respect. That's how all good things begin. Props to all those who participated. Course, now the real work's beginning. Keep it up gentle men and women.

Kind of a shitty day for alot of folks out there. I'm gonna abandon the old timey thing for moment and post what I think is an apropos little tune from my favorite Shane Macgowan tribute band, Flogging Molly.

Flogging Molly: It's Been the Worst Day Since Yesterday (mp3)

(Clicky Click on song...go to Briefcase...Lament from there)

Coming soon: More drinking songs, more Trucking songs, and a little bit of Western Swing.

No comments: