Thursday, May 03, 2007
Smelling Like A Brewery,
Looking Like A Tramp
Thanks for returning to the Big Rock Candy Mountain Top 100 Drinking Songs. We're reeling along here, and I hope we're not dragging this out too long. Nah, a little anticipation is a good thing. It builds up a powerful thirst.
For those concerned, and for your convenience, once we're done here we're gonna have an easy reference page with the whole list listed in one lump sum. You can print the page up and share it with friends and family. Something for the kids to look forward too. Of course, the official home for this list will move to Barstool Mountain, which is currently gathering up the stray dogs. You should check it out. It's a fun place to visit, and will really pick up steam once we're all finished here.
I'll keep this short today.
Recommended reading: A while back Locust Street featured a massive project called The Seven Drinks of Mankind. It's some of the best writing and research I've ever read on the world wide interwebs. For your edification, The Mountain highly recommends you check out his brilliant posts on beer, wine, and spirits.
The Big Rock Candy Mountain Top 100 Drinking Songs, Part 4
70. "Day Drinking" - Tom T. Hall and Dave Dudley
69. "The Whiskey Makes You Sweeter" - Laura Cantrell
68. "Give Me A Red Hot Mama And An Ice Cold Beer" - Smiley Maxedon
67. "Booze Party" - 3 Aces and a Joker
66. "Whiskey Heaven" - Fats Domino
65. "She Said" - Hasil Adkins
64. "Six Pack" - Black Flag
63. "Roadhouse Blues" - The Doors
62. "Pabst Blue Ribbon" - Untamed Youth
61. "Pop A Top" - Jim Ed Brown