Monday, May 07, 2007
Some Weasel Took The Cork
Out Of My Lunch
Welcome to week two of the Prohibition-busting Big Rock Candy Mountain Top 100 Drinking Songs list. We'll be counting down from 50 to 1 over the next five days, a veritable bender. If you don't like what you see here, crawl over to Barstool Mountain for a list of all the tunes that got votes but didn't make the Top 100. Maybe you'll find your favorite song over there. You can tell us how we must've been drunk not to include it. Every song will eventually get it's own personal post over at the Barstool.
I'll keep the exposition short today, 'cuz nobody's here for my befuddled rantings. You're here for the tunes.
This post is lovingly dedicated to The Puritans and weekend Zima and wine spritzer sippers.
The Big Rock Candy Mountain Top 100 Drinking Songs, Part 6
50. "Who Threw the Whiskey In The Well" - Wynonie Harris
49. "Wine Women and Whiskey" - Papa Lightfoot
48. "Whiskey Do Your Stuff" - Louis Jordan
47. "I Like Beer" - Tom T. Hall
46. "I Got Juiced" - Jimmy McCracklin
45. "Sally MacLennane" - The Pogues
44. "Sloppy Drunk" - Jimmy Rogers
43. "Fifteen Beers" - Johnny Paycheck
42. "One Mint Julep" - Traditional/Sarah Vaughan
41. "If Drinking Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will)" - George Jones