Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Richters Love the Nog



I don't know who the Richters are. They seem like a nice early 60's family. Maybe Mom was an alcoholic. Dad was an Alabama police officer busting heads to save the world from Civil Rights. The son was a petty thief, and daughter number one was caught in the throes of reefer madness. Who knows? Regardless, a very Merry Christmas to you, Richter family.

I like cold medicine.

The Dalheart Imperials are from Denver, Colorado, home of one of the best,shamefully underreported country and western scenes in the country. They play that kind of vintage western swing and boogie we love so much here at the Mountain.

I'm trying not to repeat any songs that I posted during last year's Christmas fun, but the following tune seemed to be the most popular of last year's entries (to the point where I was still getting repost requests in August). So I'm offering it again. In a non-expiring format. Enjoy.

The Dalheart Imperials: Old Man Spivey's Egg Nog (mp3) (RapidShare link)

Check out your local Christmas cowboys.

No comments: