Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Stocking Stuffers



Change of pace, or sound, for the Mountain today.

This one is posted at the suggestion/request of Mrs. Mountain.

While I'm more of a Billie Holiday fella myself, the Missus is a real big fan of the mighty Ella Fitzgerald. And there's no denying the mighty pipes of the regal Queen of Jazz.

Here's Ms. Fitzgerald getting a little suggestive for the Holidays. Or am I reading too much into it? You tell me.

Ella Fitzgerald: Santa Claus Got Stuck (In My Chimney) (mp3)

I'm only keeping songs up for 5 posts/days, so grab 'em while you can. By the time you read this, Andre Williams will be gone.

Support your local stocking fillers.

1 comment:

Muddy said...

You're reading a bit too much into this one, methinks. It's just a stupid little song they asked Ella to crank out in 1 take, that somebody wrote in under 10 minutes. A great suggestive double entendre filled song could be written with this title, but this isn't it.
I like it anyway, because Ella always shines regardless of the dullness of the material or setting.
There is a skip in the track at about 1:35. Any chance that could be corrected and you could re-post?
You're doing a great job of finding fun songs, and artwork, that I haven't seen anywhere else. Thanks.