Thursday, December 02, 2004


good morning santa

Oooops. Missed a day. I suck. I'll blame it on Blogspot difficulties.

Couple of sad ones today. I worked in retail for years, far away from what remained of my family and loved ones. Anyone who's worked retail knows the rather nazil-like approach businesses take when it comes to vacation time over the holidays. I was lucky enough, though, to have friends in similar situations themselves, so xmas came to mean drunken revelry with like-minded expatriates. But there was always an undercurrent of loneliness to the small celebrations.

I've never understood why Mike Ireland isn't more popular with the alt and non-alt country types alike. His voice is pure Bakersfield by way of Owen Bradley.

The Everly Brothers have always had a vein of country running through them, and pedal steel is the saddest instrument known to man.

Sad Santas, they mean so much

Mike Ireland and Holler: Christmas Past (mp3)

The Everly Brothers:Christmas Eve Can Kill You (mp3)

(YouSendIt files...click on song...download from site)

Tomorrow: Tom Waits Part 1








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know I enjoy your site.

Love the graphics and the music.

Keep up the good work.

Yes, there are people out here. :~)